Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aspiring user - rookie questions for streaming on a Expert (non Pro)
Congratulations and welcome! The D120 is really an outstanding amplifier, even some years after its introduction. I had one as well; I remember the experience of hearing it for the first time, as well as on many subsequent visits. It took me about six months to work up the courage to buy it. It seemed a stunning amount of money, but I have not regretted it once, or the 220 Pro CI upgrade. That said, a used D120 now is probably a better deal than it was seven years ago. Any competition you may find is, IMHO, the result of others following the lead of Devialet.

I'm not a ROON user, but there are many here who are, and I'm confident you'll get all the help you need. Lots of threads here to dig through as well.

Don't worry about the 'endless' future upgrades, or get too distracted by the quirks of the amp (or more realistically, the slightly comical software system). Do be patient if you can! Sonically these amps are really in the top 10 percent of electronics and absolutely worth the money, occasional frustrations and occasional brain-bending trials.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: aspiring user - rookie questions for streaming on a Expert (non Pro) - by Damon - 15-Aug-2022, 01:38