Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aspiring user - rookie questions for streaming on a Expert (non Pro)
Hi everybody,

This is my first post on this forum!
I have been desiring a Devialet for a long while and now I'm finally looking to buy one. For budget reasons, I'd buy used and an Expert model, not a Pro.
I have a question related to the streaming capabilities of an Expert model (e.g., 120 or 200). I apologize in advance if the topic has already been covered in other threads. Please also take into consideration that this would be my first streaming setup, so apologies for the dumb questions.

My network would be set to use an old Airport Extreme, cabled via ethernet to my router. I would then connect the Devialet to the Airport via ethernet and plug an external HDD to the Airport via USB.

My understanding is that I would need to install the Air software on my main computer to stream either files stored in my networked drive or music from internet (whether it would be Spotify, Tidal or else I would see based on compatibility and features).

Now, the question: 
Would I be able to play a file from my HDD or from an internet provider, browsing libraries with an iPhone or iPad and keeping my main computer in standby?
If not, since the Expert (not Pro) series is considered Roon Ready (at least, based on the info published on the Roon website), would the use of Roon allow that?
Is the answer depending on the firmware of the machine?
Being forced to have my computer running would be an annoying thing and I really hope I could use the Devialet without the need to buy an extra device.

Thanks in advance for all the replies!

Messages In This Thread
aspiring user - rookie questions for streaming on a Expert (non Pro) - by docvale - 30-Nov-2020, 21:08