Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more dropouts streaming Roon RAAT over gigabit ethernet
Ever since Devialet started supporting Roon RAAT back in early 2019, I've never been able to cleanly stream hi-res music via RAAT on gigabit ethernet to my Expert Pro.  Even after the recent October update of new firmware and DOS from Devialet, I was still experiencing dropouts.

Well, that has now changed!   This past weekend, after acquiring a NUC 8i7beh and installing ROCK, I can proudly state that I am no longer experiencing dropouts.   Why this is true is a mystery.  I had been running RoonServer on Windows 10 Pro on fairly powerful hardware.    It worked great - except for hi-res music streaming via RAAT on gigabit ethernet.    After configuring the NUC, I simply replaced my Win PC with the NUC, moved the external USB drive containing my music over to the NUC and restored from my Roon backups.   It now works like a charm!   What a relief.

So, if you're reading this and experiencing the dropout issue, can you post what platform you're running Roon on?   I'd particularly be interested to know if any ROCK on NUC users are still experiencing this dropout issue.  

I haven't a clue why this works with ROCK on NUC but not with my Win10 PCs.   Perhaps it's a network issue with Win10, my router (an AT&T supplied Arris), and my Expert Pro.  Perhaps NUCs (or ROCK) are just less prone to whatever causes dropouts.  There are certainly things I could test - like installing Windows on my NUC, but for now, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the music.

FWIW, I have reported this to Devialet support and posted on the Roon forums.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
No more dropouts streaming Roon RAAT over gigabit ethernet - by mdconnelly - 08-Dec-2020, 16:12