Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more dropouts streaming Roon RAAT over gigabit ethernet
I had pretty frequent drop outs with Raat using the latest firmware on the D1000 and a Melco S10 with the Devialet connected to a 100 mbit port. A configuration that was supposed to be working.

I changed 2 things last week:
- I upgraded Roon to the latest version,
- I moved my music library from a USB external OWC + Samsung SSD to my Synology 1817 NAS located on a different floor.

I have not experienced the slightest drop out since then, many hours past the usual frequency of occurrence.

So either there was an issue with my USB drive or Roon fixed something.

In the meantime I have replaced my Mac mini by a super optimized Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO Linux music server and things sound even better... and still zero dropout with the NAS as storage.
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: No more dropouts streaming Roon RAAT over gigabit ethernet - by bernardl - 23-Dec-2020, 13:29