Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Innuos Zenith to Phantoms setup
Just thought I would share my recent upgrade.
Pair Gold Phantoms and Dialog all still on DOS1.
I had a Unitiserve HDD plus longdog audio linear power supply.
The Unitiserve was connected to Dialog with Toslink but because of the dropouts bug issue I changed to purely Upnp.

I have been thinking about changing to the Zenith and finally did the upgrade on Friday. CD collection migrated from Unitiserve to Zenith was a simple process.
The Zenith has an Ethernet out for attaching to a streamer so I have used this to connect to the Dialog rather than running a long cable from the switch to Dialog. I was a little worried that I would have problems but it has all worked seamlessly.
I use MConnect for Upnp control and again, all is fine.
I could never get to backup from the Unitiserve but attaching an external USB drive and running a full backup via the Innuos url was a breeze.
I have to say I am very impressed so far. The Zenith performs flawlessly. The sound was a little restrained to start but has now opened out. Without trying to go overboard describing the sound I just really enjoy it a lot more than when using the Unitiserve. My reason for adding this article is to help anyone wondering if/how the Innuos servers will work with Devialet. I hope it is useful. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Adding Innuos Zenith to Phantoms setup - by steve_denney - 14-Dec-2020, 18:50