Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Received my Gemini today! - first impressions
So far....so good!

Before you do ANYTHING with them, you need to remove the stickers over the 4 charging points on each ear bud.  Then plug the charging cradle in, and let them sit there for 20-30 minutes so they have some juice. 

Then, connect them to bluetooth and get them updated.  I connected out of the box, but each ear bud was at 0%, so that didn't last very long.  You can't update them until they are at least 50%.

I ran a quick errand and came back 20-30 minutes later, and they were charged and ready to go. 

Connected easily, and the the sound was GREAT!

Listened to them during my workout...and then noticed there was an update available.  I'm on android, and it took a few tries to get it to update.  You will KNOW when it is updating.  If you click update and it just closes...it isn't updating.  Leave them in the cradle with the slider open to update them. 

Just try it a few times and then it should take.  I've heard some people had to reboot their phone.  I probably didn't have to do that, because I installed the gemini app a few weeks ago, and my phone has been rebooted several times. 

Once they were updated...I was ready to try a phone call.  

The thing that BLEW ME AWAY - was the active noise cancelling.

I have a classic Porsche 911 that is all dialed in.  It has NO stereo, NO a/c, NO power steering, NO anti-lock brakes...track suspension, some engine work, no rear seats, and most sound deadening removed.  It is a BLAST to drive!!

Needless to say, the engine makes a great sound...but not the best for taking the occasional phone call.  The engine is 'loud' and I've only found ONE headset I can use in the car where people can hear me...but I can't hear them that well as it only hooks on one ear.  

That said...THESE THINGS ROCK!!  I had noise cancelling on HIGH, and I could barely hear my car.  I called my brother to see how I sounded...he could hear some noise, but all in all, it was great!  I could hear him loud and clear!  Most calls with other ear buds and bluetooth headsets end in about 10 seconds as people say "I can't hear a word you are saying...all I hear is your car!"  lol

But not with the Gemini!!

As far as the sound goes...

The BASS response is impressive for ear buds.  The overall sound quality is great for the 45-60 minutes I listened to them.  Crisp highs, full sound.  Really fun and enjoyable for the 45 min or so I listened to them.

I haven't played with the EQ very much at all. 

The only REAL gripe I have is the size of the charging case.  It definitely isn't as pocket friendly as my Samsung Galaxy Buds....or even Air Pods.  The construction and feel is great, just wish it was smaller. 

Also...the packaging was great.  Very high quality and well packaged. 

I obviously love the Devialet sound as I have a Reactor 900 (2 years), and Expert Pro 440 (2 months). 

So far, so good.  Looking forward to REALLY getting acquainted with them over the coming days. 

Hope this helps...
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)

Messages In This Thread
Received my Gemini today! - first impressions - by SoCalB - 15-Dec-2020, 08:38