Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Phantom Gold // Reactor 900
(21-Dec-2020, 18:05)ragwo Wrote: First, sorry to hear hear about your problems.
The issue with not being able to control the volume of the optical output with your TV remote is a result of Samsung not implementing adjustable volum on the optical output. It's fixed to 100%.There's nothing Devialet can do about it. It's the same with the static noise, it's your TV emitting it while turning it off. The noise shouldn't be there, so you should contact Samsung for a solution.

A quick fix for the issue with only one optical output from your TV is an optical splitter. It's cheap and would let you distribute the TV sound to all of your speakers. Any Toslink splitter on eBay etc would work. Another solution is to use the Dialog as an optical input. Connect your TV to the Dialog and select the Dialog optical input as source in the app. The Dialog has to be updated to the latest firmware. I don't know if there will be a lipsync problem with the Dialog solution, it might introduce some delay.

So, a couple of questions: Are your speakers connected by ethernet? If not, are the Reactors connected together with an ethernet cable? Which router are you using?

Hi Ragwo

Thanks for your quick reply. As I mentioned in my reply to bpo, I can somewhat accept the volume control and static noise, but with all of Devialet's claims of multiple speakers playing simultaneously, this really is a problem.

1.) Samsung - I have actually purchased a new Samsung TV due to the problems I experienced as this was literally my last resort. This new TV did not solve any of the problems I have experienced, and both the new and old TVs work with my Dali speakers without any of the problems I experience on the Devialet Phantom speakers.

2.) I have tried connecting the speakers via all possible methods including mini toslink to one of the Phantom Reactors, regular optical directly to the Phantom Gold, ethernet to one of the Phantom Reactors, ethernet to the Phantom Gold, ethernet from one Phantom Reactor to the other, no hard connection and wifi only, and finally bluetooth. All of these connection methods still result in the same problem of sound not being in sync between the speakers.

3.) I am using a Ubiquiti Amplifi router, and as discussed in my previous reply to bpo, I have had a network engineer install this router and try / test all settings including changing the wifi from 2.4 to 5Ghz as well as chanting the channel and the bandwidth. Nothing solved the problem.

4.) Finally, I have used a Dialog previously when I had only the Phantom Gold speakers, this was returned to Devialet on their request, but from my experience I don't believe this had any influence on the problems I have been experiencing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Phantom Gold // Reactor 900 - by rush_sports_ - 21-Dec-2020, 19:09
Devialet Phantom Gold // Reactor 900 - by bpo - 04-Jan-2021, 01:53