Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Phantom Gold // Reactor 900
Hi Guys, thanks for the replies, they are all much appreciated.

1.) I have sync problems with all of the speakers regardless of whether they are connected via ethernet or optical, as well as when they are played over Bluetooth or Wifi / Airplay.

2.) From my extensive troubleshoot with Devialet staff previously they had confirmed that both the Phantom Gold and Phantom Reactor [pair] would play simultaneously using their latest DOS2 firmware update, and this is true for the most part [until the speakers are "lost" or until they go out of sync]

3.) I don't mean to be difficult, but given the cost of the Devialet product and the claims they make in regards to adding multiple speakers and playing from multiple sources I don't believe that it is fair for a consumer to accept a "band-aid" solution. This is both unreliable, inconsistent and inconvenient, and I do not believe is acceptable with "high end" product which Devialet claims to be.

4.) I am 100% certain that the problem is not network related as several hubs / routers have been tried, tested and eliminated. Additionally given that the problem persists when the speakers are connected via ethernet / optical either directly to the source or to eachother should safely eliminate this as a possible cause for the problem.

In short, my feeling is that I have spent the better part of 18 months with product that does not function as it is claimed, and I have gone to extreme measures in my personal capacity, and at my own expense to troubleshoot problems that in my opinion clearly reside in the Devialet product. These problems have persisted from day 1, and continue to today, and my one final request which Devialet refuse to entertain is for them to collect ALL of the Devialet product which I own and inspect, repair, replace or refund. This in my mind is a fair compromise given the extent to which I have gone, at my own expense, to resolve problems experienced with THEIR product.

To date I have, at my expense:
1.) Employed network experts to assess and modict my home network.
2.) Purchased several hundred dollars of high-end optical and ethernet cabling.
3.) Replaced my home router on two occasions, each time for a better // faster // more stable counterpart at a cost of over a thousand dollars.
4.) Replaced the "source" including my Apple TV and Samsung Smart TV.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Phantom Gold // Reactor 900 - by rush_sports_ - 22-Dec-2020, 07:58
Devialet Phantom Gold // Reactor 900 - by bpo - 04-Jan-2021, 01:53