Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Year of Tweaking
Thanks for the write up.

I also worked on vibration isolation this year and found it to make a positive difference also.

I have put my speakers on top of Townshend platforms, my source/router/clock on top of Stillpoints and the D1000 on top of iso-acoustic pods (I would gone with stillpoints had I had the space). And it clearly helps.

No more drop outs after going from an external USB SSD connected to a macmini to a NAS. I will probably never know if the cause was Apple’s USB implementation (which is know to be toublesome)/OWC/Samsung. I also upgraded Roon at the same time so that may have played a role too.

The streaming of any file over Raat is now rock steady.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
A Year of Tweaking - by ismarketing - 28-Dec-2020, 19:19
RE: A Year of Tweaking - by mdconnelly - 28-Dec-2020, 20:03
RE: A Year of Tweaking - by zambie - 29-Dec-2020, 04:37
RE: A Year of Tweaking - by bernardl - 03-Jan-2021, 22:27