Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold or Classic Phantom
I started with 2 Phantom Silver and upgraded to 2 Phantom Gold. I'm totally happy with that choice because in my opinion the Silvers were lacking the highs. I love the Golds for a much more refined sound. I don't know how the Classic are, but I assume that they are similar to the Silvers. In the store I listened not long ago also to a pair of Reactor 900 in comparison to a pair of Golds and I must say that I liked the Reactors a lot. The mids are not as refined as with the Golds, but if you listen not too loud, it's a very good alternative. If you move to a house and you can crank up the volume, I would definitely go for the Golds. If I were asked today what to buy I would go definitely for a pair of speakers. I would take the following speakers into consideration and then go with what sounds and looks best for me and my use case: Devialet Reactor900, Genelec 8330 with sub, KEF LS50 Wireless II with sub, Devialet Gold, Genelec 8341 w/o sub. The Genelecs are aimed for professionals. Hence they do not support the convenience of direct audio streaming.

Messages In This Thread
Gold or Classic Phantom - by itgeek77 - 04-Jan-2021, 14:35
RE: Gold or Classic Phantom - by Snoopy8 - 04-Jan-2021, 23:43
RE: Gold or Classic Phantom - by Tommiji - 05-Jan-2021, 23:16
RE: Gold or Classic Phantom - by Rma - 07-Jan-2021, 12:07