Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold or Classic Phantom
@itgeek77

I did buy a Phantom Premier Gold 2 years ago, and liked it but ended up listening to it every now and then, still having sonos in other rooms. Then I bought a second one... and I am listening to it non stop since then... I just can’t stop, rediscovering my music collection, added vinyls to the picture. Adding one gives a totally new dimension, 4 times more of music pleasure, and I am not an audiophile. I am just saying that adding the 2d one completely changed the game.

Therefore even if can’t advise on the reactor 900 but off the top of my head I think that the suggestion of 2 high end reactor makes more sense than just one Premier...

On classic vs gold, what I found was that the classic is a good very loud small speaker. It fills the room, but when you do some active listening, you tend to low down the volume, it becomes just loud.
With the gold it’s much more comfortable to actively listen to music, you hear more details, the highs are much clearer, you feel like the artist is in the room. For parties, the claims I would do the trick. For listening to music I’d say the gold is a no brained.

So to your question on value for money, to my non audiophile ears, I’d say the classic is a bit overpriced, i would go for 2 sonos play 5 instead. But a pair of gold is great value for money.

I hope it’s helping a bit.

Messages In This Thread
Gold or Classic Phantom - by itgeek77 - 04-Jan-2021, 14:35
RE: Gold or Classic Phantom - by Snoopy8 - 04-Jan-2021, 23:43
RE: Gold or Classic Phantom - by Tommiji - 05-Jan-2021, 23:16
RE: Gold or Classic Phantom - by Rma - 07-Jan-2021, 12:07