Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Definitive answer on DOS2 and sound change?
(09-Apr-2021, 21:31)streamy Wrote:
(09-Apr-2021, 16:19)ragwo Wrote:
(09-Apr-2021, 15:33)AceOfBass Wrote: My question is much simpler: everything else being equal, does DOS 2 change the sound?

Yes or no?!

And if it does. How? Frequency response? Equalisation? Crossover frequency?

It's a super simple question.

A super simple question that's super hard to answer as long as Devialet hasn't mention anything about a change of frequency response/voicing/crossover frequency etc. in the release notes, ever. You'll have to ask them. I bet their answer will be no.

I’ll try tomorrow to find some time to put my measurement results together to give some indication. Ragwo is right! I would say there is no difference sound wise between the latest DOS1 version and the latest DOS2 version. I measured a Phantom Silver with DOS1 and then DOS2. My first observations are that the frequency response is the same. But let me do the analysis and then report with graphs. I made many recordings from 10Hz-30kHz but need to tidy up. A WE full of sweeps in my home Smile

Thank you - a comparison would be GREAT! It's symptomatic of Devialet's "customer service" that they can't even get the simplest things right like telling customers who've paid £5.5k for two phantoms whether DOS2 changes the sound.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Definitive answer on DOS2 and sound change? - by AceOfBass - 11-Apr-2021, 15:00