Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to achieve HiRes Streaming on Phantoms
Hello, I recently got a pair of Golds and now I'm in the search of the best way to stream music wirelessly via Tidal or Qobuz, through either Roon (UPnP - LMS) or UPnP, and I too await the upcoming RAAT certification. Regarding Tidal, the experience from Roon has been great, although I noticed that music is streamed using "FLAC 48kHz 24bit 2ch, MQA 192kHz", so I suppose that although the MQA file is 192kHz, Tidal provides to Roon only the 48kHz FLAC (Correct me if I'm wrong). My first question would be, if what mentioned above is true, will this be "fixed" with the RAAT certification wih 2.12, or would it reamin the same?

Now, coming to Qobuz, I have tried it both with Roon (LMS - UPnP), and from the Qobuz app, using the beta UPnP feature. In both cases, when streaming HiRes files, either at 192kHz or 96kHz, the sound was completely broken, distorted and laggy, constantly dropping out. If this was due to the phantoms' DAC being limited to 96kHz, then it should not be a roblem when I limited Qobuz to 96kHz, but it was. Only CD quality recordings (not downscaled from HiRes to CD) could be played. Is there a fix for that? Will this be fixed by the upcoming RAAT certification?

Thank you very much

Messages In This Thread
Trying to achieve HiRes Streaming on Phantoms - by lkjam - 21-Jan-2021, 14:27