Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro CI and wifi & AIR challenges
(28-Jan-2021, 18:52)Damon Wrote: I also tried it with the x0 prefix, just in case my wifi password is hexidecimal (whatever that really is).

Just in case it would still be helpful, the prefix signalizing a hexadecimal expression is usually 0x (zero, letter-x), not x0.

Hexadecimal is a way to encode a number, or a string including extended chars (accented letter, "exotic"…) that may become distorted in a file or in a transmission, using instead only hexadecimal digits ranging from 0 to F (0 to 9 and then A to F, hence a base 16, more convenient for computers than base 10 used for numbers in everyday life with digits up to 9). The extended digit values from 10 to 15 using the first letters of the alphabet are (should be) case-insensitive: for ex, a and A both represent the digit ten.
Encoding a letter in a string takes (at least) 2 hex(adecimal) digits. For ex, K is 0x4B (or 0x4b), and Ok is 0x4F6B (or 0x4f6b). k is 0x6B (or 0x6B), distinct from K (case is significant).

0x as a prefix lets some parsers interpret what follows (with no space in between) as hex digits, instead of plain, unencoded chars.
Unless it includes extended chars, the same string (password) may equally be expressed both unencoded and in hexadecimal.
Sometimes, only a hex expression is expected, then usually w/o any prefix (I don't think it's the case here).

Glad everything is back in order.

Messages In This Thread
Pro CI and wifi & AIR challenges - by Damon - 28-Jan-2021, 18:52
RE: Pro CI and wifi & AIR challenges - by Pleyel - 31-Jan-2021, 21:55