Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited
Thanks for the replies. The NAD products I will look into, as those product numbers are not familiar to me. The Bluesound Node 2i could work, but my feeling is that it would be a sideways move. But I agree that it is a very good alternative to Sonos otherwise.

The Auralic's are likely beyond my budget limit. Alas.

(31-Jan-2021, 12:06)Axel Wrote: The outputs you refer to on the Brooklyn Bridge are stereo  analogue XLR, whereas the inputs on the Devialet are digital AES/EBU and they are not compatible with each other. As far as I can tell by looking at the specs. you would have to use RCA to connect the two.

@Axel
Thanks for this clarification. XLR vs AES/EBU makes sense now, even to me.  Idea Using the RCA connections was the system that was suggested to me. Is there a disadvantage to connecting the Mytek to the Devialet this way? Is it an inferior or less-desirable connection? I understand the analogue RCA out can be a fixed volume, which is what I want.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited - by Damon - 31-Jan-2021, 17:44