Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited
You've set a tough challenge there, Damon!  There seem to be few streamers other than Sonos and Bluesound that have native support for Deezer.  Looking at the Deezer HiFi web page I noticed Simaudio Moon, and wondered whether they might have something that fits the bill?

Their 390 Network Player/Preamplifier would be a rather (very!) expensive option but does have both fixed and variable analog outputs.  No digital output, though, which means it arguably wouldn't be eking out the last ounce of performance from your 220.

The MiND 2 Network Player is perhaps more reasonably priced.  It has three digital outputs -- AES/EBU, co-ax and Toslink.  I assume they are all active at the same time, as I can't see anything in the manual to say otherwise.  So you could feed the AES/EBU directly to your 220, and then perhaps take co-ax or Toslink to a separate DAC with volume control to drive your kitchen amp.  Assuming sound quality in the kitchen is less critical, this could be something fairly inexpensive - maybe an SMSL M200, Topping E30, or FiiO K5 Pro for example (I'm sure there are plenty more to choose from).

That's as far as my Googling has got me, so far.  I hope it's somewhat helpful.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited - by thumb5 - 02-Feb-2021, 00:11