Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phantoms not supporting anything higher than 24bits/48Khz
(04-Feb-2021, 08:32)streamy Wrote:
(03-Feb-2021, 23:40)rsemedo Wrote: I think what you're missing in your analysis is what other vendors are doing in that space and it's becoming main stream....24/48 it's not it....and if your speakers have an ethernet port, why not give the users the opportunity to wired the all thing and have 24/192 available in that setup...? Again it's the industry standard....not even Apple charges 10k for AirPlay speakers... ;-))
You are probably right, but I do not know them. Can you give some examples, which system receive through Ethernet to each device ETH and do not work in a master-slave mode or with a hub that uses a proprietary and wired communication among each speaker at 24/192?
I think you miss my point regarding how to achieve 24/192 or 24/96, etc...I'm aware with the challenges of implement that via Wireless, but I'm talking about give their users the option to do it if willing to....both very popular and cheaper solutions from kef ls50 II and buchardt a500 implement a standard via Wireless 24/96 with wired options to achieve 24/192...I've my Phantom's wired anyway because of stability issues and I don't have an option to achieve 24/192 no matter what....well there's UPnP, but Devialet doesn't offer an elegant solution for that and the other options out there are all subpar for a 10k stereo system....Roon was the hope, but did go the other way.... Undecided

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantoms not supporting anything higher than 24bits/48Khz - by rsemedo - 04-Feb-2021, 11:37