Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz?
(07-Feb-2021, 23:30)ogs Wrote: I should also say that wide bandwidth is not only about amplitude, it's also about timing. The following was written by Morten Lindberg of 2L records. I had a brief email conversation with him on the merits of Redbook (16/44) vs high(er) rez. Translated from Norwegian: "Sample frequency: 44.1kHz is OK if you only evaluate frequency bandwidth. If we also look at the time domain we need higher bandwidth to give us an impulse response that can reproduce transients without pre and post ringing."

Yes, the focus of the majority of the debate (will add some links when I have more time) about the audible effects of high resolution are focused on the time domain.  

The problem is that afaik we don't fully understand why these effects are audible despite the fact that, although they are time domain-related, they lie in a frequency band that neither the microphones recording them, the loudspeakers reproducing them nor the ears hearing them "should" be able to process.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz? - by struts - 08-Feb-2021, 11:02