Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Devialet 120 drive KEF 203/2 Reference
(06-Feb-2015, 17:54)jjo Wrote:
(06-Feb-2015, 13:25)Jnan_devi Wrote: So I still dont get it why would some one do that ? Does this answer the D120 can drive KEF 203/2 ?. I m on budget hence asking this.

The reason I've limited the maximum power has to do with the sensitivity of the speakers and the minor flaw in Devialet. When listening to music on a (too) low volume, Devilaet loses some of it's sparkle. With sensitive speakers the volume gets pretty loud pretty fast so my normal listening volume was on the "less sparkle" range. By limiting the maximum power I can turn up the volume and the magic is there without the sound pressure getting uncomfortable.

I would assume D120 drives KEF Ref 203/2 just fine. I auditioned both the speakers and they behaved quite similarly with the amp I was using them with. I think Devialet is a good amplifier for the Reference 20x/2 series.

Interesting, I'm going to play around with this.

I wonder how it affects preamp bypass mode for the analog feed from my multi-channel receiver.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Devialet 120 drive KEF 203/2 Reference - by Dr Tone - 06-Feb-2015, 18:37