Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner's questions: How to get the most from the Reactor 600
(19-Feb-2021, 13:40)NicolasLrd Wrote: Thank you for your replies. I bought an apartment and I'm moving in about a month. I already know where the Devialet will be placed (on a gecko). I think I would buy a second Reactor 600 after saving up Wink !

Geckos will leave you no option to set your speakers up. If you want the best sound, they'll have to be a bit away from the wall. 

I have a difficult room with lots of echo. I've managed to get pretty decent sound by putting my speakers 2.7m into the room. That's a rotten place because it means stepping over speaker cables. But it sounds so much better so I had to do it. My solution is that now I have a couple of little felt pen dots on my floor where my speakers sound best. It's easy to put them there and it's easy to put them back closer to the wall. It's given me the freedom to listen to the speakers in the best spot and have them out of the way when they need to.

I don't know what the Geckos cost but if I were you, I'd put that money towards the second Reactor. Put them on something (anything that can work as a stand) and play with set up. If you want to learn about getting the best out of your speakers; buy "Get Better Sound' by Jim Smith. The stuff you can learn from his book will beat any tweak, add on or whatever improvement you think you can get. That's not an exageration, it really does.

Good luck and let us know how you go.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginner's questions: How to get the most from the Reactor 600 - by Pim - 20-Feb-2021, 08:55