Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 Cable sensitivity (mains / interconnect / speaker)
Devialet amps have switched mode power supplies + an in-built mains filter and should be far less sensitive to mains cable-borne interference (RFI, DC offset) than amps with linear power supplies. I have seen no credible explanation of why mains cables could make a difference to the sound of an SMPS-powered amp.

Despite this the two mains cables that I tried - MusicWorks Revive Lite and Naim Powerline - did both make a difference.... I preferred the latter but rejected it as the IEC connector doesn't fit under the rear cover of the Devialet. If you don't mind leaving the rear cover off then they're a good alternative to the standard cable. There are plenty of used ones around for approx. £375 - a decent saving off the £495 list price.

The Powerline made a much more significant difference when used on my Naim NDX streamer (which has a linear PS) than when used on my amp.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: D200 Cable sensitivity (mains / interconnect / speaker) - by PhilP - 07-Feb-2015, 11:13