Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote mayhem with two Devialet Experts
Hi @amaynard

Interesting thread. I suppose that early on Devialet made the assumption that nobody would have two of their amps in RF range of each other. After all, the first amp was the D Premier, and it was +/- $15,000.00 USD. It was also a very unusual product at the time, in terms of technology and form. Getting the few persons with the available budget, and interest in audio, to invest in such an amplifier would have been the challenge.

I might also think that an early design concern would have been rapid and reliable remote and amp pairing. Dropped connections would be a bigger risk to the consumer and daily operation. I don't know how many other remotes are RF rather than IR, but that too may have been new tech for hi-fi.

Penultimate thought: if you upgraded one of the units, then could the Pro CI system could be used without affecting the original Expert system?

Ultimate thought: if you put a refrigerator between the two amps, say, hung from the ceiling and plugged in and running, that would be a low-tech solution. Our Dev remote doesn't work when I'm in the kitchen and the refrigerator is between me and the amp. I'll leave the installation details to you to solve. Bonus points if it gives you extra cold beer or cool wine storage.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remote mayhem with two Devialet Experts - by Damon - 10-Mar-2021, 17:52