Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote mayhem with two Devialet Experts
(10-Mar-2021, 17:52)Damon Wrote: ...

Ultimate thought: if you put a refrigerator between the two amps, say, hung from the ceiling and plugged in and running, that would be a low-tech solution. Our Dev remote doesn't work when I'm in the kitchen and the refrigerator is between me and the amp. I'll leave the installation details to you to solve. Bonus points if it gives you extra cold beer or cool wine storage.

I love the thought of rigging a refrigerator up as a Heath Robinson Faraday barrier  Shy I did actually begin to wonder about somehow adding shielding ... and one option is to use a foil underlay under the upstairs carpet. But it's a bit of an extreme fix.

You may be right about the design pathway here. And of course, even with this design flaw the Devialet remote is incredible. I'm a remote snob, and one of the reasons I love this amp is that they achieved something with it that no other company has managed in producing a responsive analog-feel remote control.
Systems: Expert 200 + Linn Majik 109 + Roon | Expert 120 + Linn Tukan + Roon | Linn Majik DSM3/Exactbox + Linn Majik 140 Active

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remote mayhem with two Devialet Experts - by amaynard - 10-Mar-2021, 18:12