Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce max power with high efficiency speakers or not?
(23-Mar-2021, 22:54)Jamington2004 Wrote: No ethernet port on the D-Premier no. Why do you ask?

Yes I found that setting to lower the e default start up volume. It also lowers to that volume any time you change source which is great!

Tried a couple of times back and forth from 30 watts to 240 watts - but it’s so hard to judge with a minutes space in between, and the relative volume changes a bit so hard to volume match.

But i think using a decibel app I had roughly the same volume - and pretty sure there’s no major difference, but hard to tell, and now has me wondering!

Why did you think there was a reduction in sound quality to your ears when you used to do it? It doesn’t affect the ampage / current delivery in the power supply right?

Cheers Smile
Jamie
I am not surprised that with the time it takes to switch from a power limited configuration to the non power limited one the short term auditive memory time widow is exceeding.

In addition, any difference if there are any, would be very subtle because mostly of indirect order, mostly affecting how the PSU is solicited.

It would be the same thing as DPM is doing on the Pro versions. Some people hear a difference, others don't... I'm in the "don't" category.

Therefore I would say that the only reason for me to be limiting the power would be convenience of not being able to exceed a certain power to my speakers and in no way anything related to SQ.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduce max power with high efficiency speakers or not? - by Jean-Marie - 25-Mar-2021, 08:27