Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET POWER AMP, Will there ever be a power amp...
@Gomiki
I don't know if you are the first to mention this idea, but I'm not seeing any logical pathway to the Devialet power amp (only) idea. The whole point and drive behind the Expert and Pro series is the optimized and compact integration of all modern components into one box; a brilliant box, in my mind.

If audio is a hobby, where you like to swap components as if it were a model train set, then the Devialet package is not the right choice. Me personally, I was thrilled at the concept and execution; a whole suite of very high end components, in one beautiful box. Almost so compact that I didn't believe it could be true. But from my own Naim experience ( and I still like and admire Naim equipment) I found I could have it all, and without the external power supplies, expensive and fussy DIN cables and interconnects, and no UPnP... I hate UPnP.

Anyhow, I'm relieving my pre-Devialet nightmares, while awake, in public-sorry. Devialet is not just Class D, not just all-in-one, not just compact. If you moved on from Devialet for whatever reason, then that is great and I hope you have great fun playing with all the various bits. I'm not 'condemned' by any means. On the contrary, I'm freed from the searching and spending and box-swapping grind that is too easy to get seduced by.

I hope they never produce a stand alone power amp, or pre amp, or DAC. Only a Phantom-sized sub.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: DEVIALET POWER AMP, Will there ever be a power amp... - by Damon - 15-Apr-2021, 03:16