Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET POWER AMP, Will there ever be a power amp...
(23-Apr-2021, 22:25)ogs Wrote: I've read or heard a long time ago that Experts have 40bit to work with. I am not so sure about 384kHz. Maybe dual-mono upsamples to 384, but I think a stereo amp is 192kHz. I asked Devialet support about this several years ago (2015) and they said this:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your patience.

As you understand, a Devialet 400 is composed of two units of Devialet 200.
The Devialet 200 can upsample to 192kHz. So with a 400 (2x 200) you get a signal up sampled to 2x 192, meaning 384khz.

So, 384kHz over-sampling is not used in 120 or 200, but it is possible with Devialet 400 and 800."

I guess this indicates that at least the 440 and 1000 can upsample to 384kHz.

@ogs,

I've only had my Devialet since 2017 so I'm unfamiliar with what they were saying in 2015. I had always assumed that the DAC and DSP in the Devialet operated at 24/192 but then I saw someone on this forum say that the DAC and DSP operated at a higher resolution and I came across a link to a white paper on Devialet's site where they went into some detail on how the Expert Pros did their digital processing and it confirmed the statement I had originally read. I just tried to find the page on Devialet's site which provided that information but I can't find it on the site with their current menus. I did come away thinking it applied to all amps, both the single and the dual amps but memory being what it is, I could be mistaken though I do believe that all current models, not only the dual amp models, do handle all of their processing at a higher rate than 24/192.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: DEVIALET POWER AMP, Will there ever be a power amp... - by David A - 24-Apr-2021, 08:59