Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would I regret swapping a gold for 2 silvers??
Hello all, I have been lurking for a while but finally joined the crowd and bought a Phantom I in black chrome last week.  I have been doing a lot of listening with Tidal through UPNP and while it is nice, and sound is great, I feel a bit disappointed.  When the volume is over 50, it gets better and better, however listening to music while eating dinner, doing work or hanging out with my wife with volume at 55 or 60 isn't really feasible for too long.  It makes it so you cannot have conversations.  My old stereo system with floor speakers and a sub, etc., sounded great at any volume.  When these are 40 or lower you might as well be using a soundbar or something.  

I did ensure it wasn't in night mode, and have checked all settings.  The room is about 19'x36' long with 18' tall ceilings at the peak.  I know, this is a big space and I have moved it around a bit, with some improvement, but mostly at louder volumes.  I am wondering if I just returned it to Amazon and got two of the silver models instead, would they sound much better in stereo at a volume of 40, but still sound awesome when cranked up.  I am thinking it would be a big improvement just having two of them, because as it is right now I am second-guessing my purchase.  It really doesn't do much of anything in this space below 45, and feels like a waste of money.  I'm not having many opportunities to sit around and listen at 70+ by myself.  The wife and I jammed out the other night with it around 70 for a while and our ears were immediately ringing when we turned it off.

Thoughts?  Anyone who can give feedback based on real-world experience?

Thank you,
Nick

Messages In This Thread
Would I regret swapping a gold for 2 silvers?? - by goofynick6 - 20-Apr-2021, 02:58