Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Phantom II's or used Silvers (stereo)?
Thank you all for a very interesting forum. I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of Phantoms, and the choice is between buying a brand new pair of Phantom II 98 db, or a pair of used Silvers. The trouble is that it's very hard to find a place where I can listen to both under good conditions. The price is about the same where I live. Of course, I'd like to get the Golds, but due to budget restrictions those are out of the question even used. 

The Phantoms are going to be used as stereo speakers in a living room of about 35 m2. I don't need them to be crazy loud, but they should be able to fill the room with music at a reasonable level. I do like a reasonably flat frequency response, and it's kind of important to me that it extends well into the sub bass territory. 

I listen to blues, classic, some rock and a little electronica. I'll also use them hooked up to a TV for movies and shows, but this is not the main priority. I really like the size of the Phantom IIs, but if the sound quality of the Silvers is substantially better I think this would be more important.

So, to the ones who have actually heard both, or maybe even owned both, what would you choose if you were in my situation?

Messages In This Thread
New Phantom II's or used Silvers (stereo)? - by northern29 - 02-May-2021, 16:02