Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon keeps skipping to next track, doesn’t play
I have recently had the exact same issue, not with my Devialet though.

My main Roon Core is a 2015 iMac. From there I stream via Air/RAAT to my Devialet in my stereo system, a NADT778 AVR in my theatre system or an Apple Airport Express in my lounge all without issue.
With working from home becoming the norm, I turned a spare bedroom in a WFH location. I built a new Microsoft Windows based PC just for this and bought an iFi Zen DAC with a few different sets of headphones to listen to music while working. On this PC, I set up Roon as secondary system connecting to my iMac as the Roon Core.
On this system with the iFi as endpoint, I recently started to experience the same skips. Pretty annoying, every second or third song Roon would simply stop after a few seconds and jump to the next track.

Touch wood, but seems as if I have managed to fix the issue by going into the iFi ASIO config and setting the buffer to the maximum.

This is not a Devialet issue, but rather a Roon issue it seems and it appears as if the skips happen when the network cannot provide a consistent data stream. It does appear as if this has started after the last Roon update.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon keeps skipping to next track, doesn’t play - by Drifter - 07-May-2021, 19:06