Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New improved Bluesound Node Streamer that ticks all boxes
(11-May-2021, 17:45)edgecrush3r Wrote: Just saw that Bluesound will release a new streamer/DAC shortly, named the Bluesound Node. Yes, not called Node 3 or 3i, it will just be called the Node. interestingly this one will also feauture a HDMI ARC port, like to Powernode 2i of previous generation. As Bluesound has Toslink out, its a nice companion to the Devialet Phantom. Other checkbox es include: 32-bit/384khz DAC, MQA, Bluetooth 5.0 AptX and Bluetooth Headphone output, Toslink input and Output, RCA, Subwoofer Output, Roon Ready.. oddly missing seems UPNP/DLNA support, but i could be wrong.

https://www.bluesound.com/products/node/
The BlueSound Node is a versatile, entry level, streamer but I am not sure it is a good fit for the Phantom.  The best connection to the Phantom is via Toslink.  But using Toslink will bypass many of the features e.g. DAC, MQA etc.  If sound quality is the priority, there are better (& more costly) streamers from Lumin, Auralic, Innous, Aurender etc. which will be a better match for the Phantoms.

BluOS does not support UPnP and not likely to do so.  I vaguely recall BlueSound mentioning some technical incompatibility?

Messages In This Thread
RE: New improved Bluesound Node Streamer that ticks all boxes - by Snoopy8 - 16-Nov-2021, 11:47