Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Node 2i and Arch important question!
Hello everyone. My current setup consists of a BlueSound Node2i and 2 Gold's (streaming from Roon to Node and from node via optical to one speaker). I only use Node when I want a deeper bass, as it allows me to adjust bass and treble. Reason for only using node for more bass and only for more bass is that sound quality is considerably lower while streaming through node, rather than streaming directly from Roon to the speakers (don't really know how it works, but i am guessing that if you stream directly from Node via optical, the integrated dac inside the phantoms gets ignored? and rely only on Node's dac? no idea).

My question is...as i didn't find any answer to really convince me. What is Arch actually doing except for the fact that it provides the possibility to connect more streaming products to the speakers? I already ordered one piece of arch, along with a QED Reference Digital Coaxial cable so i can test them out. If i connect the Node to the Arch, and output from Arch to the speakers via ethernet or wifi, will the sound quality be improved because of arch? Or will it have the same quality as if i was streaming directly from node to the speakers via optical? Can i use Arch independent to any streaming product or does it really have to be connected to a streamer (a.i turntable, cd-player, etc etc) in order to work?

Would you guys advice me to keep Arch ? Does it really help? I am not planning on getting any turntable or any other streaming products as i want my setup to be as minimalistic and simple as possible.

I am super confused as to what Arch really does, or what's Arch's purpose except for the multimedia connections.

If anyone can please enlighten me, I would really much appreciate it!!
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote

Messages In This Thread
Node 2i and Arch important question! - by bogdan.filipovici - 14-May-2021, 09:02