Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of questions from a newcomer to Devialet.
(30-May-2021, 12:57)Rexie Wrote: Hi Tyriall,

Welcome to the Devialet world!

I was one of the earliest adopters, but had a terrible experience with my Gemini's in mid-December.  After 48 hours of marvelous sound through my iPhone 12, I did a software update, and that was the end of them.  Irrevocably bricked.  I really wanted to replace them but Devialet agreed instead to refund and took them back, the catch being I ultimately had to pay $145 shipping from Saudi to France and then they had to pay $90 of import duty. For defective ear buds!  I swore I would never buy another Devialet product.  And I love my Expert Pro's.

But that was then and this is now.  Based on the more recent feedback here on the stability of the software updates, I've purchased again and they will be here in a few days.

Comply's have, as you know, a firm, round plastic core, and like you I use them on everything I can.  The Gemini's (or at least my early model) had oval-shaped connectors and were not compatible with the round Comply ones.  The advice I've see here is to use Spinfit CP360's, which come in a broader range of sizes than with the Gemini's.

Cheers,
Rexie

I was going to get a pair when I was supposed to be in Dubai late last year, but covid had other plans. Kind of a silver lining that I didn't have the horror experience others have had. Fingers Crossed they do what they say they do and the 2nd time doesn't repeat the failures of the past.

I have come across a good price here in Aus so I'm kind of ready to pull the trigger.

From the production photo's the connector looks round though it would not surprise me that they are different in the real world. 
The Truegrip is supposed to fit the Gemini according to their "Find Your Fit" utility on the site, but I will look at the spinfits too, thanks. 
I have never liked the feel of the silicone tips in my ear and find they are extremely prone to slipping out during activity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A couple of questions from a newcomer to Devialet. - by Tyriall - 30-May-2021, 13:51