Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of questions from a newcomer to Devialet.
(31-May-2021, 12:13)Tyriall Wrote:
(31-May-2021, 10:08)igorstefus Wrote: I was using https://www.complyfoam.com/products/tg-t...earphones/ tips with them and it was fine if that is what you are looking for.

I would consider Gemini only if sound quality is your first priority and you like sound signature of them. But in this category you also have Sennheiser MTW2 (I didn't picked them just because they don't have wireless charging), new earbuds form B&W IP7 that even allow you to connect to non Bluetooth enabled devices (case can be used as bridge between earbuds and other device), not to mention new Sony WF-1000-XM4 are just around the corner. Not sure if I would pick Gemini if I was in market for headphones now.

Sound Quality is definitely a priority. I have never really liked B&W sound signature on the headphones I have used in the past. That and they are more pricey than the Gemini's are here in Aus.

If all the issues that made the Gemini's unusable have been rectified what makes it so you wouldn't purchase them if you were in the market now?

After update my main problem is big case and bad autonomy. However what I am concerned about are software updates. How often will Devialet update software and will I have problem again. Definitely did not expect so much trouble with 300 eur earbuds. Sony and Jabra ironed out basics and they are updating earbuds often. In one of the updates Jabra added ANC to elite 75t. So they are miles ahead of Devialet regarding software which is one of the important things to me.

However I also want good quality sound ant this is where Jabra is lacking. On the other hand Sony is different story. Last iteration of headphones was good. Sound was not as good as Gemini or Sennheiser but was decent. New generation looks like it will improve it in every aspect. You are not Android user so it is not important to you but Sony may even add LDAC to new version. New earbuds are smaller,  have smaller case, and wireless charging. Will be better then Devialet in every aspect except in sound quality. Question is will difference be significant to overcome all shortcomings of Gemini's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A couple of questions from a newcomer to Devialet. - by igorstefus - 31-May-2021, 20:19