Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Silver phantoms and Room
(01-Aug-2021, 11:29)kantblue Wrote: Hi Syver

I have similar problems as you - interestingly I'm using a Netgear GS308 switch which is a very similar model to yours.

Every so often the Devialets vanish both from Roon and the Devialet app - I've always thought the problem was the router which I have always rebooted and then everything seems OK till next time but I am now starting to wonder if its the switch thats causing the problem. I also have problems sometimes with other devices connected to this switch especially when streaming is involved.

I also get periodical 'An audio file is loading slowly' messages from Roon but other times its fine - I've never been able to work out what's causing it but I've never considered it might be the switch?

The issues are a bit random but I need to restart the router several times a week - next time it happens I will just try to power down the switch and see if that fixes things - will keep you updated.

kantblue

Hi Kantblue,

I may be on to something: I have increased the latency in the Devialet App (under AVSync) and moved the slider all the way to the right where it says stability. 
I have not had a dropout since then. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I may be wrong but would be very surprised if the Netgear switch was the culprit. i have used it for everything: video streaming, gaming … and it has never let me down.

Best,

Messages In This Thread
Help with Silver phantoms and Room - by Syver - 31-Jul-2021, 12:11
RE: Help with Silver phantoms and Room - by Syver - 01-Aug-2021, 13:21