Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog and TOSLink Issue
Hi Pioneer123

I think the effect you are describing can happen when the incoming bit rate is higher than the input device can reliably support - it can work for a short while as you describe. There has been some discussion on this very forum which would seem to suggest that some Phantoms can support higher bit rates than others even in the same range.

Got a few questions for you if that's OK.

1. Has this EVER worked and now its not or is this something you are trying for the first time?
2. Have you tried setting the 'Digital Audio Out' setting on the TV to Auto1, Auto2 etc?
3. Have you tried using any of the Apps on the TV (youtube etc) to see if its any different?
4. What is your input device for the TV picture/sound - eg cable box, Skybox, Free to air?
5. If its cable or sky have you tried optical out from these to the dialog?

If this has never worked, it might still be worth you trying the optical out into one of your phantoms direct - at least that might establish the dialog as being the problem - if you get the same result direct you would know that messing with the dialog won't fix this.

If all else fails and you didn't want to go down the direct optical route you could consider the elevate program though I'm not sure how that would work out cost wise compared to Dante etc. I'm assuming its available for the Silvers though?

Finally if you look on the Sony Forums I have seen some discussion in the past about issues with the Sony Bravia optical out being a bit flaky - I know I had to try all sorts of settings to get mine to output optical reliably with my system - eventually I got it to work and I still don't really know why - my problem though was with NO SOUND so not like yours.

kantblue

Messages In This Thread
Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 03-Aug-2021, 05:03
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 03-Aug-2021, 09:30
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 05-Aug-2021, 06:47
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by ragwo - 05-Aug-2021, 15:54
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 05-Aug-2021, 09:47
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 06-Aug-2021, 08:46
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 06-Aug-2021, 20:23
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 07-Aug-2021, 04:13
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 07-Aug-2021, 10:22
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by alexandredp - 02-Feb-2024, 03:55