Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog and TOSLink Issue
Thanks Kantblue and Ragwo,

I connected the TV optical output to one of the phantoms directly and bingo it worked and no more drop out. Both Phantoms are working with optical connected to one only.
I am keeping the dialog in the system as I need it for airplay from my server for music.

So for some reasons it seems dialog was not happy with the PCM optical signal coming from the TV. Strange as I would had thought it was a common design in the phantom and dialog.

After a few hours of testing what is interesting is that Airplay has become a bit flaky. I have listened to 3 albums in full which have all stopped at least once during playback. This has never happened before and the only change has been to move the optical cable from Dialog to phantom. Im not sure if there are any tools to investigate why this has happened but its a bit annoying.
I noticed the “optical auto switch” was in the on position on each Phantom which might explain the problem as when it stops playing the menu on the app always shows optical as the connection. I’ve switch the auto switch off on both and hope that fixes it.

So now while I have the switching sorted out the problem now is that the audio (PCM) from the TV is distorting and sounds crackly through the phantoms. This might have been the reason why the dialog was having problems with it. I can turn down the PCM level from the TV but that just lowers the input level to the phantom but does not solve the distortion. I have switched off everything from the TV (sound effects compression etc) and just left with basic optical PCM output and the sound is still pretty crappy. Running out of ideas so any suggestion is appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 03-Aug-2021, 05:03
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 03-Aug-2021, 09:30
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 05-Aug-2021, 06:47
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by ragwo - 05-Aug-2021, 15:54
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 05-Aug-2021, 09:47
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 06-Aug-2021, 08:46
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 06-Aug-2021, 20:23
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 07-Aug-2021, 04:13
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 07-Aug-2021, 10:22
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by alexandredp - 02-Feb-2024, 03:55