Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog and TOSLink Issue
Hi Pioneer123

One other suggestion is to make sure your 'Audio Output' is NOT set to "Dolby Digital +" - it should only be on "Dolby Digital".

Do you know what the specification is for your TV's optical out? Bitrate etc? I'm guessing your home receiver is more recent than the phantoms - does it support higher bitrates? Although it does point to the Phantoms being the problem I wouldn't rule out the TV completely - its a shame you haven't got a way to try the Phantoms with another TOSlink input.

My setup is different to yours but I do remember having horrible distorted clipping sound when I first connected my Sonos Playbar to the optical out and it took some messing about to sort out but the setting that fixed it was (I'm fairly sure) buried somewhere in the Sony's setup - might even have been in a maintenance menu but then I also have a vague memory of having to mess with the headphone output setting - sorry I can't be more helpful.

If autoswitch doesn't activate when the TV is completely off I wonder if in standby the TV has a 'Keep alive' pulse it sends periodically down the optical out switch.

You could also consider a "HDMI to Optical" or "HDMI-ARC to Optical" converter and bypass the Sony Optical out completely - they are fairly cheap and might be worth a go.

kantblue

Messages In This Thread
Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 03-Aug-2021, 05:03
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 03-Aug-2021, 09:30
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 05-Aug-2021, 06:47
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by ragwo - 05-Aug-2021, 15:54
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 05-Aug-2021, 09:47
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 06-Aug-2021, 08:46
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 06-Aug-2021, 20:23
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by Pioneer123 - 07-Aug-2021, 04:13
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by kantblue - 07-Aug-2021, 10:22
RE: Dialog and TOSLink Issue - by alexandredp - 02-Feb-2024, 03:55