Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance of different streaming solutions
Interesting readings!

@Snoopy8
My laptop is quite powerful (2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 - 16GB RAM - 1GB SSD), yet it is also running other apps (even if during playback I was just on Safari).
I agree with the controversial monicker of the investment on the ethernet network setup with switches and similar: I have just collected some disappointment on the purchase of a highly celebrated power cable, so I'm not ready to jump into the rabbit hole.

@Delija
Unfortunately my Expert does not support UPnP, so I cannot test that approach.

@Confused
Having a 1xx level machine, my Expert does not have the AES/EBU input, so I use the coaxial SPDIF. Also, I would not own a machine that would work as a streaming transport with an AES/EBU output. But I get your point: there's different roads with their own perks and advantages.
Your system is way way more complex and expensive than mine, so in my case the digital stage optimization you achieved with re-clockers would be quite overkill.

My take-home message is that I might not be ready to switch to Roon. My current setup would not allow the kind of sonic and user benefits I'd looks for, which might arrive only upon a more generous money investment with a dedicated server-streamer.
I've just "discovered" that Innuos has released a platform (InnuOS, with lots of fantasy) and I was shocked that entering the Innuos world would have a cost that is not distant from a lifetime Roon + a dedicated Mac mini or similar servers.
I guess that reports on the quality and convenience of the InnuOS would pop quickly on the web.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Performance of different streaming solutions - by docvale - 06-Aug-2021, 13:09