Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms better left on, or powered down ?
Newbie here, greetings to all.
Fresh owner of a pair of Reactors 600.
My setup is : TV - Reactors via optical.
Somehow I was under the impresion that when the source goes off (the TV in my case) the Phantoms will also enter standby after a while.
I've read here somewhere that they DO enter in a standby kind of thing after a while, but what kind of standby is that beats me. All I can say for sure is that they keep the heat sinks warm all the time, even in the morning, after many hours of no signal from the source.

Ok, I know about the buttons on the back (hardest pressing buttons I've ever pressed) but for me is not an ellegant solution, and I refuse to adopt it.
What the hell is that ... I turn off the TV by a single gentle press, and after that I have to go to the back of each reactor and press those damn buttons for 2 or more seconds. I don't like it.
So I've purchased an on/off plug, to be able to power off/on both reactors at the same time, with an efortless press of a single button.

Keeping in mind that there is an operating system in each one, so they have to boot every time I power them on ... I really don't know what will be worse (on the long term) for the Phantoms ... to keep powering them down, or to leave them allways on ?

So my question to you is - how do you keep yours ?
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms better left on, or powered down ? - by marius23mvp - 07-Aug-2021, 08:54