Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
(18-Sep-2015, 14:23)Womaz Wrote:
(18-Sep-2015, 14:02)IanG-UK Wrote: Devialet told me this very recently:

Q: What about Expert/Dialog?

A: We initially planned to provide Expert support to Dialog using USB, leaving out the D-Premier which did not offer this interface. However due to limited development resources, this has been postponed. All USB-enabled Expert devices should be compatible with Dialog in the end.

Q: If this happens, and one is using both Expert and Phantom, will one need two Dialogs for this, or just one?

A: One Dialog should do the job, however there might be unforeseen constraints that could make using a single Dialog for both impossible.

Q: And when will Dialog become Expert compatible?

A: We have no official ETA on that matter other than its on the roadmap for 2016. We want to provide more than just audio streaming to our Expert customers through Dialog, and this requires a global effort on the Expert firmware and software development teams.

Great update Ian thanks, but not really what I wanted to hear I guess.
I cant get away from the fact of feeling let down by Devialet when I bought the 200, but I guess its time to ponder what to do next.
I have sat on the fence as I was hoping that Dialog would be the answer. It still may be , but its a long time to wait.
I know there are other streaming solutions but I was sold AIR and when it works it sublime for me. My system is not exactly high end and I never envisaged spending say another 2 or 3k on a streamer so for me AIR would suffice.

Time to have a rethink.

Yes thanks Ian,

This mirrors what I heard from Devialet last month.

I bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and returned my Dialog for a full refund. Devialet were quite good about it and arranged pick up by UPS. I can not be fussed to wait for something that might happen next year, or sometime in the distant future Huh.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - by brit - 18-Sep-2015, 14:32