Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damon's System
Hello All,

This forum seems the only logical place to post this information, so here it is. Really, it is a thread to say that after being a a Naim-owning member, I have joined the ranks. Yesterday, Friday the 13th, I went to the dealer two blocks from my office and picked up a new Devialet 120. The old Naim Nait 3 and CD3.5 as well as the more recent UnitiQute have gone. 

I made four separate listening visits, and with each visit became more satisfied that Devialet provides the audio reproduction that I want. As the saying goes, 'I voted with my money'.

Even cold, out of the box, the sound improvement over the Naim was remarkable. If it gets better with time, that will be a delight, but I'm thrilled with it as it is. 

I'm posting two pictures, just to contribute to the mirth quotient of this thread. By the way, the D120 is wired to a QED impedance-matchng speaker switching box, so that I can also use the B+W in-wall speakers in the kitchen. I'm streaming from my iMac to an Airport Express and then using an optical cable to the D120. The speaker cable is Wireworld Polaris (fairly old). Presumably, ditching the switching box, and going to a wired computer or NAS would also yield improvements. 

A more appropriate shelf is in the future as well as better routing of the speaker cables; that will come when I redo the fireplace.

Finally I'd like to say 'thanks' to the other members who have been helpful in responding to my posts and private messages. Its a real bonus to have a great community to go with a great product. 

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Damon's System - by Damon - 14-Feb-2015, 22:18
RE: Damon's System - by Pim - 14-Feb-2015, 23:24
RE: Damon's System - by thumb5 - 14-Feb-2015, 23:26
RE: Damon's System - by PhilP - 14-Feb-2015, 23:49
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 15-Feb-2015, 02:37
RE: Damon's System - by thumb5 - 15-Feb-2015, 12:52
RE: Damon's System - by Rufus McDufus - 15-Feb-2015, 13:19
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 15-Feb-2015, 19:09
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 06-Dec-2020, 00:08
RE: Damon's System - by BoyScout - 06-Dec-2020, 01:31