Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with setup of Berkeley Audio Design Alpha USB
I just ordered a real cheap BNC to SPDIF cable to test, so far I've tested

Win10 PC running JRiver -> Alpha USB -> Devialet XP220
   Music plays on the JRiver display, but Remote shows no activity
Win10 PC Sound Test -> Alpha USB -> Devialet XP220         Sound shows on Test Meter, but again no sound on Devialet
Nuc Rock -> Alpha USB -> Devialet XP220                          Zone shows up, shows activity but no sound on Devialet
IMac -> Alpha USB -> Devialet XP220                                Play YouTube, no sound on Devialet

what sample rate are you using?  can you try lower, e.g. 44.1 or 48 kHz?
  •    I was using 48K but it gave me an error msg and told me to use 44.1, which I tried
  •    Also I tried to play sound outside of JRiver, via Win Direct Sound plus the Tidal app
is the AES/EBU cable particularly long (more than a couple of metres)?
  • 1 ft
can you try a different cable?
  • I ordered a BNC to SPDIF, will get it in on Thursday

[*]can you verify that the Alpha is producing output on the AES/EBU (e.g. by connecting to a different amp or pre-amp, if you have one)?
  • I have an xtra amp, but it has 2 XLR connectors  L+R, whereas the Devialet has only 1, how does this work, I thought I had to hook it to a Pre-amp / Dac to process the signal?

Here's a sample Pic, not my config, I'm plugging a single cable into the AES/EBU port
[*][Image: Devialet-220-Pro_D_1200-600x192.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with setup of Berkeley Audio Design Alpha USB - by GeeBog - 31-Oct-2021, 23:28