Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers recommendation for 16sqm living room
(21-Nov-2021, 03:41)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(20-Nov-2021, 23:29)winiar560 Wrote: My room is acoustically dificult as is also quite square at around 4m x 4m size with a bay window to the right ,small niche to the left of the speakers and an entry door back right of the listening space.

So far I have only measured the room digitally with an antimode device long time ago when the speakers was on the opposite wall the other way round.

As my sofa and listening room is located all the way to the back wall ,the listening position can't be changed (also from practical reasons).

The room is physically to small to have a play with listening position if that make it clearer.
Understand the challenges with your room. Room modes in a square room are particularly bad.  Not sure whether you have played with REW, but there is a room simulator which may help you a tweak your position of your speakers, and maybe convince you to bring your sofa slightly forward (even 0.5m may help?). 

(20-Nov-2021, 23:37)winiar560 Wrote: The 440 pro is the best amp I had so far(also better than d-premier).

And yes-my point is the size of the speakerphone correspond to size of the room not other way round.

Looking at the specs of my speakers ,size of the drivers, they are quite big beasts.

But taking all these into account they also the best sounding speakers I had in my room with devialet.

I agree your speakers are large for the room.  But I doubt getting smaller speakers will improve things, especially when you consider the Virgo 5 to the best sounding speakers so far. As you already know, it is your room which is determining the sound quality.  I suggest you look at further treating the room and perhaps consider a streamer with room correction capability.

Thanks.
I was actually consodering a ddrc 22d dirac digital only correction to try soon but to be honest I'll try sweet room first because the only problem I can hear is the base.
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speakers recommendation for 16sqm living room - by winiar560 - 21-Nov-2021, 03:50