Poll: What speakers for best sound quality from the list
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Monitor audio platinum pl300 mk2
22.22%
2 22.22%
Dali epicon 6
11.11%
1 11.11%
Focal diablo utopia lll ( standmount)
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll
Good evening.
I have a question as in the subject.
Ive grown enough to try some different speakers with my freshly acquired 440 pro.
I am very happy with the amp but wondered what better speakers could bring to the table so bought some monitor audio pl100 mk1 standmounts which to me sounds more clear,fast and in many aspects better than my virgo 5 floorstanders.
The only part lacking was in bass,slightly smaller soundstage and scale of the sound.

So my question is if you'll be looking at the above 3 speakers (16sq m room 4x4 m) which one would you choose ?

They all are very close in price with the focal diablo utopia the cheapest(slightly).
Few months warranty on epicons,might be similar with focal s but full 5 years manufacture warranty for monitor audio as they are ex demo.

The sound signature I am looking for is clear,crisp,fast dynamic with solid base and biggest possible soundstage.

I was originally sold on monitor audio pl300ll but found them huge in size and started worrying they will be to big for my room although a dealer said they should be ok.
Also thinking the monitor audio pl300ll would be my end game speakers.

Last option which going in my mind and was my original idea before buying 440 pro is as I have a chance to get another d-premier and upgrade two to 1000 pro ci which overall will cost me 3500£ more all together than my actual 440 pro .

Also worth pointing out that going the 1000 pro route I will get new 5 year warranty from devialet.

So from your point of view what's the best to choose in my position better speakers (which ones) and leave 440 pro or upgrade the amps to 1000 pro all together.

Will the amplifiers upgrade be significant and worth it?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug

Messages In This Thread
Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll - by winiar560 - 17-Dec-2021, 21:53