Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To SAM or not to SAM, that is the question ...
(05-Jan-2022, 13:34)Blackmorec Wrote: One thing you may want to compare is speakers + subwoofers, vs. speakers with SAM. You may well prefer the latter

That is what I am going through at this time. One of my thoughts has been whether SAM might replace the need for a subwoofer?

I have loaded 10.1.0 and started running it without the KC62. Only briefly so far. It is too early to conclude anything but the LS50 Metas sounded quite sterile - very clear but light on emotion. I am not even sure that SAM was on! It sounded much lighter on the bottom end than I expected. 

There is no manual for installing and using SAM. I've read about being able to add percentages, but only on the forums. I have not found anything on the Devialet website. I came across a review by Darko, who described using the remote to switch SAM on and off. There was also some mention of using the remote to set the percentage of SAM. 

This is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle without a picture. Can anyone here explain the process?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Messages In This Thread
RE: To SAM or not to SAM, that is the question ... - by derekcohen - 05-Jan-2022, 14:01