Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To SAM or not to SAM, that is the question ...
A little update.

First, many thanks all for helping with everything so far, and now with firmware options and SAM.

To try SAM with the LS50 Metas, the KC62 sub has been switched off. I first tried 10.1.0. My first impression was that it was very clinical - clear, but lacking warmth. A large part of this was that the absence of deep bass. I expected SAM to fill in more than it did. Now, I may still be missing something basic, such as SAM actually working! I have not mastered the settings of SAM other that on-and-off.

Anyway, I tried 8.1.3 with the same SAM setting. It sounded bloated by comparison. The clarity was absent.

So I returned to 10.1.0, but this time with SAM off and the KC62 back on. Much better. What was missing with the first set up was the deeper bass, which not only could now be felt, but created warmth. I'm going to keep this going for a while, then return to 7.1.3 - the memory of that, without SAM, but with the KC62 still seems the best of all.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Messages In This Thread
RE: To SAM or not to SAM, that is the question ... - by derekcohen - 06-Jan-2022, 16:05