Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms adjusting their sound to accommodate their current position. Really ?
Hi.
I was browsing online when I found this review from 2018, about the Reactors.
https://nerdtechy.com/devialet-phantom-reactor-review
This little piece of info caught my attention : 
"They’re small enough to hold in your hand, yet loud enough to play the full depth of an orchestra. And setting either of them up is quite simple because like many audiophile speakers, Phantom Reactor are capable of detecting the environment around them, and adjusting their sound to accommodate their current position."

No, really can they do that ? As far as I know the only mike available is the one from the phone where the app is installed, Phantoms don't have microphones.
So ... I don't think so.
I feel sometimes that they sound differently - somehow not only time-dependent, but there is something more ... I don't know what.
It is normal (power quality related) to sound great at let's say 23 ... and not so great at 20 (I ment hour, not volume), but sometime I feel the Reactors lack deep bass ... on song's that I currently listen, so I should know how I'm supposed to hear things.
Sometime I even restart them and than I feel that all sounds great again ... 
It might be Placebo, I know. But can this be the auto-calibration that the review is talking about ?

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms adjusting their sound to accommodate their current position. Really ? - by marius23mvp - 16-Jan-2022, 09:52