Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms adjusting their sound to accommodate their current position. Really ?
(16-Jan-2022, 09:52)marius23mvp Wrote: I feel sometimes that they sound differently - somehow not only time-dependent, but there is something more ... I don't know what.
It is normal (power quality related) to sound great at let's say 23 ... and not so great at 20 (I ment hour, not volume), but sometime I feel the Reactors lack deep bass ... on song's that I currently listen, so I should know how I'm supposed to hear things.
Sometime I even restart them and than I feel that all sounds great again ... 
It might be Placebo, I know. But can this be the auto-calibration that the review is talking about ?

When it comes to 20 vs 23 I hear this myself some days. Most likely (and I've read this from other places in the world too) it is related to heavy use of house hold appliances (like microwaves and such) where you live around 20 and very little of the same around 23. It does make a difference. If it is too much you can use a power re-generator like the ones from PS Audio. The Stellar P3 PowerPlant might be enough for a pair of 600. You may need the PowerPlant 12 for a pair of Reactor 900.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantoms adjusting their sound to accommodate their current position. Really ? - by ogs - 17-Jan-2022, 00:03