Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not recognised on Audirvana or Airfoil
(20-Jan-2022, 13:23)intrigued Wrote: I use Audirvana and Airfoil for my streaming.  I acquired two Phantom I speakers two days' ago but neither of these programs recognise them. However, the speakers are strangely recognised by mConnect Lite (that is the only app which recognises the Phantoms). I've restarted my Mac laptop but nothing has changed.

Please advise with any ideas how to get Audirvana & Airfoil to recognise my new speakers.  Thanks for your time.

Strange, Audirvana-to-Phantoms is working fine for me.  In Audirvana I just click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen, click on Ethernet or Wifi and my Phantoms show up within a second or two.  Needless to say they have to be connected to and visible on the same IP network which I'm sure you knew, but I have to mention it as that is the only reason I can think of why it might not be working for you.  For instance if either Phantoms or your laptop are connected to a "guest" Wi-Fi network that allows connections out to the internet but not peer-to-peer connections to other local clients.

The only thing I can think of to help diagnose this is to download UPnP Analyzer from the Mac app store (iirc it is free).  This will allow you to check that your Mac (which is I presume where you are running Audirvana?) can see the Phantoms and you will see that they are advertising themselves correctly as media renderers via UPnP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet not recognised on Audirvana or Airfoil - by struts - 27-Jan-2022, 13:12