Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not recognised on Audirvana or Airfoil
(26-Jan-2022, 23:24)intrigued Wrote: UPDATE to this horrible saga of two Devialet Phantom I speakers which simply do not want to connect to either AirPlay or Bluetooth and play my music.

I've been trying a couple of servers on my NAS (MinimServer and Serviio) to see if they make any difference in how the Phantoms play back on uPnP... seems that I was just wasting my time.  If anything, since the upgrade to new firmware yesterday (2.14.4), things have got worse... much worse.

I'm now in the situation of not being able to use the two-speaker system at all as it's just not being recognised.

Someone from Devialet Support suggested that he call me on Monday - he never did, choosing to suggest the 'remedy' of putting both speakers on 5GHz instead of the router's default of 2.4GHz.  This didn't work, and I spent two or three hours trying other ideas that I myself came up with.

None worked (of course) so, after spending a ridiculous number of hours attempting to get music from the Devialets I finally gave up and resorted to my tried & trusty SONOS system which has never, ever failed me.

What a waste of money & time (especially time). The hours I have devoted to remedying the Phantoms have now become incalculable; I seem to have spent more of the past seven days since I acquired them, trying to solve problem after problem after problem. Ye gods... I should have just stuck to my Bang & Olufsen and SONOS systems.

Oh dear, from bad to worse. Have you tried factory resetting them? Press and hold the power button on the back of each unit for at least 10 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Devialet not recognised on Audirvana or Airfoil - by struts - 27-Jan-2022, 22:12